I try all too often to be perfect. I expect too much of myself and most times it gets me in trouble. I often get so absorbed in every day life that I forget to take a step back and look at what's truly important. I get caught up in the hustle and bustle of this busy world we live in that I can't even remember why I'm here. But then, in an instant, it hits me. This is my life. I'm living it every day. If I don't focus on the here and now, it will slip through my fingers and before I know it, I'll be looking to the past. So, every day I try to remind myself of the reasons I'm on this earth, and the things that are of most importance to me. This...is life as I know it...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic





Thursday, May 26, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

I've been thinking a lot about gratitude lately....I tend to be pretty pessimistic...ok, i don't like that term...let's say I'm just a realist. :) How often I catch myself with a bad attitude about the things I should be most grateful for...for instance...

I complain that I have to clean the house...when I should be grateful that I have a roof over my head

I whine and moan about gas prices, when I should consider it a blessing I have ways of getting places.

Money may be extremely tight...but i'm lucky to have what little I do have...with the occasional extra dollar or two to do something fun.

I get bugged by people way too easily....but I have SO many people that love and care for me, and I shouldn't take them for granted.

I complain about going to work...whether it be one job or the other...but how blessed am I to be employed.

Editing pictures can be very overwhelming...especially when you have so many to do...but I am one lucky girl to have opportunities doing something I'm so passionate about and love so much.

3 hours of church? super boring...especially for a girl with an attention span like mine...but how blessed am I to have the gospel in my life and to be lucky enough to have the knowledge of the Atonement and the Plan of Salvation.

I don't have the greatest health...but I have two legs to walk, two arms to use, eyes to see, and a mind full of knowledge. it could be worse.

I complain about the weather...it's too hot, too cold, too rainy, too blah blah blah...but I am constantly amazed at the beauty of this earth. It is incredible.

It's all about the way you see things. I find it extremely hard to 'look on the bright side of things' and often get frustrated when people tell me to do so. But I should be counting my blessings. An attitude of gratitude will help improve my life immensly. after all:

add the letters of A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E together, and it = 100%

are you counting your blessings?

1 comment:

Leslee said...

And then there was this one time.....I'm NEVER disapointed in your Blog up Dates and Posts! They always list my spirits and give me a new angle of life to look on. Thanks for being so positive and reminding me to count my blessings. Life isn't easy....but it is worth it. Mother hood isn't easy, but it is worth it, Being a wife isn't easy, but it is worth it. Working hard to pay the bills, isn't easy....but it is worth the satisfaction that I am able to support my family and take care of them on my own with out having to rely on anyone else. Thanks sister. you are the Best. Love you more then a slurpee on a hot day.
Love, Les