I try all too often to be perfect. I expect too much of myself and most times it gets me in trouble. I often get so absorbed in every day life that I forget to take a step back and look at what's truly important. I get caught up in the hustle and bustle of this busy world we live in that I can't even remember why I'm here. But then, in an instant, it hits me. This is my life. I'm living it every day. If I don't focus on the here and now, it will slip through my fingers and before I know it, I'll be looking to the past. So, every day I try to remind myself of the reasons I'm on this earth, and the things that are of most importance to me. This...is life as I know it...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic





Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Facing a fork in the road



I have to laugh sometimes at life's little cliche's....A fork in the road? what's that supposed to mean? As I've had to grow up and face the 'real world' I've come to a better understanding of what it really means. Decisions...never been my strongest aspect of life...it didn't matter if I was choosing a candy bar at the store, I would torment myself trying to settle on one thing. Now, the decisions seem to be a little more important than which sugar filled treat to choose to rot my teeth with. It terrifies me that each path I am faced with could ultimately have a drastically different outcome. So how does one go about making such a choice? Eeny meeny miny mo? Rock paper scissors? Heads or tails? I suppose since I'm growing up, I should choose a little more grown up approach. Some things seem to get simpler as you mature and learn life lessons, but making decisions will never be easy.

1 comment:

Leslee said...

I would go with Eeny Meeni Minie Mow! Rock Paper scissors seems too depressing when you pick the wrong hand shape and the Rock smashes your scissors, or all the sudden your scissors are snipping into your paper! At least with eeny Meeni Minie Mow.....no one can tell you that you picked the wrong thing. I've also decided that some raods are just detores of the road that was best for you. They all end up in the same place as long as you are living right. and if you aren't on the right path....God builds some awesome bridges and tunnels that connect back to the other paths. Skip over those slides though....they usually take you backwards. Even though they might seem fun. :)
Love you sister. Call me if you ever want to talk through one of those decissions. Sometimes saying them out loud makes them make more sense in our minds!
Love,
Lester