I try all too often to be perfect. I expect too much of myself and most times it gets me in trouble. I often get so absorbed in every day life that I forget to take a step back and look at what's truly important. I get caught up in the hustle and bustle of this busy world we live in that I can't even remember why I'm here. But then, in an instant, it hits me. This is my life. I'm living it every day. If I don't focus on the here and now, it will slip through my fingers and before I know it, I'll be looking to the past. So, every day I try to remind myself of the reasons I'm on this earth, and the things that are of most importance to me. This...is life as I know it...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic





Friday, February 25, 2011

Palm trees and Sunshine

It's not very often that I do something exciting, fun, and in my mind, 'blog worthy.' My life is pretty mundane...I've fallen into the same boring routine day after day. But this week I got the chance to escape reality for a while and take a trip to my own personal paradise :)


I can count the number of people who I honestly and truly love on my two hands... and the people I got to spend time with this week take up a few of those places. Nate and Ashlee understand me more than a lot of people I know. I love being with them. Nate has always been my big brother and I look up to him a lot...more than he probably knows. I feel like Ash is just one of my sisters...we are so much alike and it's so fun to be with someone who actually knows what I'm going through and understands feelings I have. I love Nate and Ashlee.



Debbie is one crazy lady...and I think that's why I get along with her so well. :) She makes me laugh. In fact, I stayed with her for a few nights, and I think all we did was laugh.



We went and got our nails done at 'lee happy nail' :)



We went to the Mesa temple...It could not have been a more beautiful day. The sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I sat outside forever and just tried so soak up the perfect day. I love going to the temple...I love that no matter where you are, the work is always the same.






I went to this place called Bahama Buck's and found my new food addiction.... it's this little piece of heaven called a Bahama Rama Mama...and it is quite delightful. First you take vanilla bean ice cream and put it at the bottom...then you shave a block of ice so fine that it feels like silk...add some flavorful juice and drizzle it with a little bit of cream on top. and Voila...you have pure deliciousness.





I went to this store that was completely color coordinated. Each section of the store had clothes, jewelry, and purses in the same color. I was in OCD heaven. :)




I'm so lucky to have had such a great vacation. I was seriously in heaven...the weather was perfect and it was nice to just relax and forget about the real world for a minute or two. I loved just layin in the sun and soaking up life's little pleasures...and more importantly, I loved spending time with some of my favorite people in the world!!

1 comment:

Leslee said...

LOL I just had Jess take a pic just like this with Me Ash and Nate! AZ rocks. Maybe we all will just move down here :)
So glad you had a good time.
Love you!