I try all too often to be perfect. I expect too much of myself and most times it gets me in trouble. I often get so absorbed in every day life that I forget to take a step back and look at what's truly important. I get caught up in the hustle and bustle of this busy world we live in that I can't even remember why I'm here. But then, in an instant, it hits me. This is my life. I'm living it every day. If I don't focus on the here and now, it will slip through my fingers and before I know it, I'll be looking to the past. So, every day I try to remind myself of the reasons I'm on this earth, and the things that are of most importance to me. This...is life as I know it...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic





Thursday, December 23, 2010

G to the 3rd power


My love for garlic Bread, Gatorade, and Gushers has created somewhat of a silly 'Tradition'. A few times last year, my craving for such yummy carbs lead me to the local grocery store on a Sunday. Cori, Amber and Carrie tagged along for their own treats, but I was kind enough to share my delicious purchases. Before we knew it, we were taking Sunday outings more often than we probably should have been, to buy Garlic bread, Gushers, and Gatorade...ergo, G3 Sundays. We didn't intend to make it a tradition, but somehow, the name, and activity stuck. Every now and then, we get together for a G3 reunion. We spend what little cash we have on food that will be gone in a matter of hours...and Enjoy every second of it. Last week was no different. Cori and I were both home from school, so naturally we had to get together. Cori, Carrie, and I made our usual trip to Fresh Market, grabbed our goods and were on our way. We made a few changes in beverages, and left out the gushers cause we're too poor, but it didn't change the tradition too much. We enjoyed our Garlic bread and drinks a little too much, and got a little too crazy tryin to find stuff to keep us entertained....but it was just like old times. G3.

1 comment:

Leslee said...

Well Sister you truly are Talented! Your words are inspirational! I hope you know how amazing you are and that you will go far in life. Sometimes it may feel like that is imposible....but it's not. Today is just one day....
Love you Sister! Keep up the blog I love having something awesome to read! I get bored at work sometimes.
XOXOXOXOXOX
Leslee Ann