I try all too often to be perfect. I expect too much of myself and most times it gets me in trouble. I often get so absorbed in every day life that I forget to take a step back and look at what's truly important. I get caught up in the hustle and bustle of this busy world we live in that I can't even remember why I'm here. But then, in an instant, it hits me. This is my life. I'm living it every day. If I don't focus on the here and now, it will slip through my fingers and before I know it, I'll be looking to the past. So, every day I try to remind myself of the reasons I'm on this earth, and the things that are of most importance to me. This...is life as I know it...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic





Wednesday, February 2, 2011

♥ love is life in fulness ♥




"There are two kinds of love: We love wise, kind, and beautiful people because we need them. We love, or try to love, stupid and disagreeable people because they need us. This second is the more divine, for that is how God loves us...Not because we are lovable, but because He is love; Not because He needs to receive, but because he delights to give."

Sometimes it is hard to love people....hard to put away their differences and accept them for who they are. I learned a very important lesson this weekend. It was stake conference, and I attended the Saturday session. One of the members of the stake presidency was talking about 'The Family: A proclamation to the world.' He spoke of the basic principles outlined in the document and told about the importance of each. He then said this:

"The sixth principle is LOVE. When I first read this, I thought this was a little out of place. Aren't our marriages and families supposed to be based on love? shouldn't this be the first principle? And then I realized something: Sometimes love is more of a reward than a requirement...if we are following the commandments and the other principles of the Gospel, we will have the ability to love others."

How very true. Yes, it is difficult to love others. But I believe that if we are doing the things we are asked to do by our Heavenly Father, and praying for the capability to accept and love others, He will bless us and give us the patience to get to know others before we judge them, and room in our hearts to make a place for those around us. I believe ♥ love ♥ is the most powerful thing in the world, and if we take time to love, we can do anything.

1 comment:

Leslee said...

Dear Sister Can I copy this post and put it on my Blog for others to see? I LOVE this! And if you haven't read my blog lately... it's got a LOVE theme going on lol.

LOVE YOU!

love, Les