I try all too often to be perfect. I expect too much of myself and most times it gets me in trouble. I often get so absorbed in every day life that I forget to take a step back and look at what's truly important. I get caught up in the hustle and bustle of this busy world we live in that I can't even remember why I'm here. But then, in an instant, it hits me. This is my life. I'm living it every day. If I don't focus on the here and now, it will slip through my fingers and before I know it, I'll be looking to the past. So, every day I try to remind myself of the reasons I'm on this earth, and the things that are of most importance to me. This...is life as I know it...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic





Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Changed for good

♫ "I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return

Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you

Because I knew you
I have been changed for good

And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done you blame me for
But then, I guess we know
There's blame to share

And none of it seems to matter anymore
Who can say if I've been
Changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better

And because I knew you...
Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good..." ♫

There are people in my life that I wouldn't trade for anything in the entire world....people that have truly changed me for the better.



A lot can happen in 8 years....and lemme tell ya, a lot has. We've been through everything; good and bad. Amber knows more about me than anyone on this planet. There's not much I can really even say about a friendship like this...except that nothing can ever come between us. Best friends forever.


Carrie and I have grown very close in the past year or so. It's amazing to me that I can still get along with someone 3 years younger than me...I've learned that age really is just a number because I feel like we're just the same age. I love that she accepts me despite my insanity and all we do when we're together is laugh.

About a year ago, I set out on an adventure...I knew there were going to be crazy times and that I would learn new things...But I didn't know that I was going to meet my best friend. Ashly understands aspects of my life that nobody else can understand. We share so many hopes and dreams, and I know that together, we can accomplish anything.



Tressa helped me through one of the hardest times of my life: high school. We faced the challenges together and I know that we will face many more to come. We can be kind of negative when we're together, always talking and complaining about our trials and life in general, but we have good times and tons of laughter as well.

1 comment:

Leslee said...

Jenna,

Life can be crazy at times. But you know how to roll with it. All of your friends are so cute and fun. Sometimes life changes, but as long as you just embrace the change and flow with it... it will all work out. Don't let the change, "CHANGE" the good times you had in the past. Remember the good and move on. :) I've had to learn that many times. Stages are hard to keep level with all your friends. Time is a silly thing.
Love you Girl! You are amazing